Tuesday, 30 May 2017

Langton 1/1200 French Third Rate 74 Gun Mont-Blanc

Hi all,
here's the Mont-Blanc completed apart from varnish to the base . She was built in 1791 and had four different names until going back to Mon-Blanc . She took part in the battles of the Glorious First of June,The Winter Campaign, The Battle of Hyeres Island , Bruix Expedition 1799, The Saint Domingue Expedition , The Battle of Trafalgar and the Battle of Cape Ortegal . It was at the last battle she was captured by the Royal Navy in 1805 . Although taken into the Royal Navy she never served at sea .
  I have a Royal Navy cutter on the stocks now so I hope to show her off soon .
Thanks for taking a look.......
Regards
   Gav .   




10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Phil ๐Ÿ˜‰.
      Regards Gav .

      Delete
  2. Very nice Gav, looks like you have cracked the rigging.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stu it's brush bristles all the way for me ๐Ÿ˜.
      Regards Gav .

      Delete
  3. Gav, What a beautiful ship [and on an equally well painted base]. I have nothing but praise for this model, from top of the main mast to the waterline and below!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave with your skills you should give them a go . Langtons in the Uk would cost you about £15-£17 pounds with the base and ratlines . And you also have GHQ in the states . All the best Dave .
      Regards Gav .

      Delete
    2. Gav, So very tempting! Tall ships may have been a hard and miserable exploit for the men of their time, but it is that sort of conquering of nature and the enemy that gives us a romantic admiration today.

      I would have to beg of you to share your water painting technique/paint list if I was ever to take the plunge! lol.

      In all seriousness, yours is the most appealing water that I have seen in the blogosphere. I tried with some 1/2400 WWII in the past, and I was totally let down by my own efforts. Too dark, too light, too blue, too green, etc.

      Delete
    3. I know what you mean about the water Dave I have tried lots of times to nail the colours I think I am about happy now . I have a cutter I am basing today so when I put it on here I will put up the recipe .
      Regards Gav .

      Delete
  4. That's some very beautiful work. Very crisp and precise, and great looking. I really like the base too. It looks like the paint is matte but you've painted the glint of light directly onto the waves with white highlights. I would never have thought to do that, and if I had, it wouldn't have come out so well.
    - James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the kind words James ๐Ÿ‘.
      Regards Gav .

      Delete