Wednesday, 12 April 2017

28mm Perry Plastic French Napoleonic Carabiners

Hello,
heres four French Carabiner from the Perry plastics range I am painting them up for a bit of fun these haven't been varnished yet . I followed the Perrys painting guide so I am painting them for the hundred days campaign with the blue jackets and the officers in white (when I get around to them) . When complete I think I will mount them on 50/50 mdf bases .
  Thanks for taking a look until next time.....
Regards Gav .
















4 comments:

  1. That's a step up in scale gav - very nice.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stu trying to keep my hand in 😉. Regards Gav .

      Delete
  2. Beautiful skyblue colors on the shabraques! Are the metal helmets painted in true metallic?? They look really good:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words marra 😉 I painted a tan base coat then brass with sepia ink mix then polished gold with buff in then another hit with polished gold and to ti it in with a water down sepia ink . I am hoping the effect is to high lite the metallic but not paint one brighter metallic on top of another . In my opinion it never works, I hope this way the high lite stands out well that was the plan any way 🤔. Unfortunately I don't think it will work on 18mm because of the small are to get a contrast . But I will try it next time I have some bright work to paint 😉.
      Regards Gav .

      Delete