Thursday, 9 July 2015

Footsore Miniatures Late Romans

At last those late Romans from Footsore Miniatures its taken a few months but here they are its always the way I need to earn to buy my own figures and this in turn slows my own miniature army down to a crawl . I keep saying it but not only are these some of the best sculpts I have worked with but who ever cast them has done a top job . And now another batch has arrived I can tell you there is no fluke all great work and another smooth order you cant ask for more .
  Now I have to confess I knew newt to nothing about the late roman period I have a smattering of knowledge about early Rome but that's about it . These will be used for a Dux Britanniarum campaign at the Wyvern Wargamers Club but I would like to expand them into a larger late Roman army who knows it might be my first completed army !
There's a couple of cosmetics I need to change that I have noticed in the photos but there good to go and now I need to slot the others into the painting line . I have tried painting these in NMM (non metalic metal ) style,  the commanders helmet could do with being a darker bronze and the male shirts maybe darker as well . But I have not worked with a lot of NMM so its a bit of a learning curve . But I will try with the next unit as they say practice makes perfect !
  Thanks for taking a look see you soon...........................
Regards Furphy .







 

4 comments:

  1. Fab painting of lovely miniatures Gav.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil thanks, as I say the NMM needs to get better the shield transfers are from Little Big Man Studios and are fantastic but of course I had a couple of stuff ups applying them . Again first time blunders, but the figures although simple because of the time period are perfect so you want to do your best .
      Cheers Gav .

      Delete
  2. Very nice Gav, see what a set of rules does for you.... and with should small units you will have a force up and running in no time.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The units might be small Stu, but boy are they taking their time in getting to the finish line !
      Cheers Gav .

      Delete