Friday, 26 June 2015

AB Miniatures 15mm British Napoleonic Infantry

Hi all,
after what seems like ages I have finished this small unit of British infantry for the Peninsular War they represent the 5th of foot . Their facings are gosserling green the colour is a hard one to get right it is more yellow than I have painted all though I did try to go over them with more yellow wash's but you then end up with more facings that look yellow so I have gone with the light green .  The trousers I wanted to have a warmer look so of instead of a grey to white I used different warmer tones then an ivory . I used metallic for the metals it seems to work on these, but when I paint 15mm world war two I prefer non metallic metal .
 The Regimental colour an the Kings colour are from GMB Designs, I completely stuffed them up my wife was talking to me at the time and as its been proved I cant multi task ! The bases are MDF from War Bases with childrens sand pit sand this was given an extra pva layer and painted . I wanted to give a hot dry look like Spain and Portugal in summer and I decided not to put any gravel on them as the base size was tight and I didn't want to overcrowd them .
A quick word on the figures, they are the best 15mm I have worked with so far people rave about the AB range and I can see why . They were clean with no flash hardly any mold lines and have bags of charm . If you want them in the UK then they are sold by Fighting Fifteens who in turn get them from Eurika Miniatures in Australia .
  So that's my small test unit done I will now get some more and base them for General De Brigade with maybe some French to sell on . And now for a shameless plug if you would like some of these painting drop me an email for a quote there's no obligation  .
Thanks for taking a look see you soon..........................
Regards Furphy .





6 comments:

  1. They look beautiful Furphy, another nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil,
    They were a test unit there's a couple of things I would do better next time .
    Regards Furphy .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job mate.
    Plenty more to follow then :-)
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got a knack for 15s matey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers Stu,
    The list could go on and on and...... Well you catch my drift, had most of them done about six months ago but had a crisis over the facing colours . But I can see why people love AB Naps, so that's World War Two, late Romans, Napoleonic's, AWI and I have only been gaming a matter months oh and maybe infinity at some stage as I would love to paint their figures !
    And while I have a quit couple of days on the painting front I have started building some ruins for World War Two 15mm . Why should you have all the fun carting all those boxes of terrain around !
    Regards Gav .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Phil, I think when 15's are well sculpted and cast then that's half the battle And if you enjoy the subject your painting and can get into the research then even better .
    Regards Gav .

    ReplyDelete