Tuesday, 23 June 2015

28mm Perry Miniatures Plastic Prussian Infantry

Hi all,
 here we are again this time it's 46 Prussians they are plastic and I based them on mdf rather than the plastic bases in the box, the colour is the one of three supplied in the box . I am putting these on eBay i have painted these in a simple style rather than hitting them with lots of glazes . The faces are simple with four layers and the clothes three highlites and a couple of washes . I also kept some slightly stronger highlites on the black items and used matalics mixed with blacks and browns .
  All in all I enjoyed painting them I didn't like putting them together not because I am opposed to glueing plastics but I didn't like the way the necks of the figures were attached to the sprue (you have to be careful no to damage the coller and to get a good fit for the head) there were also injection marks in the shako and large gaps where the pack is joined to the back . Don't get me wrong that's nothing a little Valejo plastic putty won't solve (or your filler of choice) but it does make these longer to get to the finish line . As always they provide plenty of uniform guides plus three colours (flags)  and also they come with plastic bases . So you get a good deal for your money 46 figures gives you a good block of Prussians for the Hundred days campaign or Russia 1812 as I have said they will need a little extra work but if you don't care about a few gaps and just want to get them on the table fast that might not be a problem to you . Me I would give these a 7/10, thanks for stopping by and taking a look as I have said they are for sale and they will be going on eBay .
  Keep your painting MoJo going until next time.........
Regards Furphy .






5 comments:

  1. Impressive and very nice looking Prussians!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Phil .
    Regards Furphy .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fine - don't fancy starting your own Napoleonic collection then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Phil, I am useing 15mm AB miniatures Peninsula war (well I have one regiment) another long term project !
    Regards Gav .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, but 15s are the devil's work. Go 28mm! ;-)

    ReplyDelete