Tuesday, 7 April 2015

15mm Volkesgrenadiers (finished)

Well it's taken a while but the volkesgrenadier company is finished at last, this one has taken for ever . Its probably not helped that I got sidetracked by other projects over all I enjoyed painting them, I seem to have spares left over (the same as the box of plastic Panzer Grenadiers) . I based them more or less on the flames of war web sight . I was missing a loader for a panzerschreck so put an NCO in his place and I think there's an Automatic rifle for a bolt action (and I am not ripping up the bases now) .
  But I am putting them up for sale if they don't sell I will keep and game them myself . Next time I think I will paint platoons it's quicker . Soon I will be painting some Perry Miniatures 28mm Napoleonic cavalry to sell but after that or it might be in between I want to start a 15mm vietnam war project for the Two Fat Lardies Charlie Don't Surf rules . Probably another long path with a dead end but I do love the 15mm miniature and have always had a deep respect for the ANZACS in Vietnam .
So bellow are the final photos of the Volkesgrensdiers thanks for sticking with it .
   Regards Furphy .



4 comments:

  1. Very nice - great winters bases,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dannoc, many thanks when I look at them collected together i aske myself why it took me so long !
    Regards Furphy .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice Furphy - winter uniforms and bases look ace.

    You could keep them for some games of a Chain of Command the club - quite a few of us have 15mm forces

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Phil,
    I have some late war British as well, includes a wolverine and a crocodile churchill and that's as good as it gets so far ! Well from small beginings as they say .
    Regards Furphy .

    ReplyDelete