Monday, 16 March 2015

Wyvern Wargamers

Hi all,
 Its taken thirty years since I first picked up a paint brush to actually get a game in but at last I am there . I went along to Wyvern Wargamers club on Sunday night and the lads there were kind enough to let me sit in on a game (many thanks to Phil who's figures and terrain we used and who umpired, to Bob who drew the short straw and had to wet nurse me and lastly to Dane who had to often be asked how many dice do I role now ?)
  I would love to give you an in depth battle report but most the time I sat there with my thumb up my bum and my mind in neutral . Phils miniatures were top notch and half the time I was drifting away picking up ideas on the craft of the bush .
The game was a large skirmish in the Sudan and the rules were Black Powder bellow you will see a jumble of photos  these were taken by me for no other reason than I loved the figures . But look on the bright side your not looking at my paint jobs on the back of my I pad ! If you check out Phils blog http//infrequentwargamer.blogspot.co.uk  you will see a nice battle report with better pictures than mine  .
 So if you fancy pushing some plastic or metal around a table top for a few hours in some good company then pop along to Wyvern Wargamers they meet the first and third Sunday of the month between 6-10 pm Bishampton village hall, Broad lane, Bishampton. Worcestershire WR10 2LY.
  Well that's all folks until next time .
Regards Furphy .







2 comments:

  1. You're very welcome Furphy, glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My big problem now is I keep going back to the Perrys site to look at their Sudan range !
    Regards Furphy .

    ReplyDelete