Friday, 20 March 2015

Korean choson army 1592-1598, Perry 28mm

Hello,
I decided to paint up some Korean heavy infantry that have been on the to do list for a year now . Most people look as if they do samurai so I thought these would be differnt, so I bought a couple of boxes to try them out . But this was a case of not doing my research first I fell for the figures on Perry 's web page and they did not disappoint when I recived them . However  when I started to research the subject there was hardly anything to get stuck into . I have all the Osprey Samurai books and also the book on the invasion of Korea but I still can't get any information on the web which is a shame I like to get envolved in the subjects I paint . 
So bellow are a couple I have painted up, I think I will get the movement trays from war bases so you will have to put up with them on bottle tops for now . 
That's it for now . Regards Furphy .



4 comments:

  1. Those are very nice, I have a Ancient Chinese Project already to kick off and these would fit the bill, I even have a small skirmish set of rules to try out, whilst I build up bigger forces.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stuart, they are nice figures and if you get the ones with the shields the Perrys have scratched the design in for you . Cheers Furphy .

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, that shield is particularly striking

    Stu - is there anything obscure that you don't have...? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Phil, they were known for their bright shield designs and as I am painting lots of German field grey and English uniform they are makeing a refreshing change !
    Regards Furphy .

    ReplyDelete