Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Battlefronts Flames of War Volksgrenadiers (1)

Hello and welcome  to a small review of Battlefronts Volksgrenadier company metal box set .
  These are metal 15mm miniatures they are posed wearing either great coats or the reversible jacket and trouser set . They also have either hats or helmets and a nice touch is some have the feldmutze cap with ear flaps down and they have the cap comforter that can be worn as a scarf/neck warmer or over the head .
As its the late war period they are armed with the STG44, KAR98, MP40, MG42 Panzerfaust and Panzershreck . I like the poses a lot there's lot of variety and a nice dynamic feel to the sculpts . There are mold lines to clean or miss as I have just noticed ! Some of the STG44 barrels were missing but as it was right at the end I just added a little piece of mold line and super glued it in place there isn't really a need to throw a track and contact the manufacturer . Also a couple of the caps and spade handles had small pieces missing these were so small I have not  filled them . Battlefront always have had a good return's policy but these little blemishes are not something you would not see on most figures in this scale in my opinion .
  I would say that I hope to see Battlefront move over to plastic in this scale because I thought the plastic panzergrenadier box was molded a lot more sharply, the one thing I dislike in the metal range are the faces you don't have the same level of detail and things like the gas mask canister also loose detail  . So I would give these a big Furphy 8/10 , the molding let them down in the end . Bellow are some pictures I am sorry I did rush taking them so they are not the best . The next lot will be better as I finish them off and base them  .
  I hope this will be of some use to somebody and I will catch you again soon .
Regards Furphy .







2 comments:

  1. Thanks..useful to me as I have them planned for a future project later this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Mike sorry the review was let down by the photos .
    Regards Furphy .

    ReplyDelete