Friday, 10 October 2014

A Review of Battle Fronts 15mm World War Two German Panzer Grenadeir Company in Plastic

After a title like that you get what this review is about !
I still have a few British to finish but I thought I would start the ball rolling with these Germans I will be selling these at a later date to help pay some bills. I have to say when it comes to metal 15mm from any company I have never really been impressed with the level of detail or poses. Plastic Soldier Company have led the way for me I question the webbing layout as they seem to use the same on each sculpt this may be cheaper but it seems lazy to me and detracts from what is otherwise a great product . PSC have some good poses and although you get a lot for your money they do repeat a lot of sculpts that you can not always use.
   I cant compare Battle Fronts Late war Germans with PSC but some accounts have not been great  to the PSC range because of a lack of weapon options and uniform details for the late war period . These Battle Front sculpts in my opinion are very good less chunky than the PSC which if you want to go into any detail on flesh and some uniform details are going to be tricky . But if its a wash and dry brush and onto the table then no problem . There's also some very dynamic poses also a good range of late war uniform details some stg 44's would have been nice but that's being picky . I could also see these being used as a standard infantry company, Luftwaffe field division or late war navy infantry battle group .
Here's some pictures.........


the command group as you can see little in the way of flash.
 



The bases supplied






The Platoons

 
the above is a size comparison the middle figure is PSC late war British . there are 109 miniatures in the box, I have to say I will enjoy painting these up. Tune in next time to see a couple of completed examples . I hope this review has been of some help and I will catch you soon.
Regards Furphy.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment