Wednesday, 24 July 2013

28mm British napoleonic cavalry

Hi all,
It's been a while since my last post it's taken me a while to finish my last unit. They are 12 figures representative of the Innerskilling dragoons circa 1815. These are Front Rank Miniature as usual they are a high standard with few lines or flash , the colour is from GMB and is for the first squadron (for some reason my payment did not go through with GMB but they still sent the goods so a big thumbs up to them).
  From what I have read the heavy cavalry at the time were mounted on black or bay horses when available on campaign. I have mixed the horses throughout the unit, the black ones I mixed brown into them ( when you look at modern photos of the household cavalry the black horses have a lot of brown in them) i don't like my horses to be to cartoon like . The base coat is black then thin layers of browns and then washes of black. The trumpeter is mounted on a grey , the trumpeter would be next to the commanding officer and so in the heat of battle easy to form up on (well that's my take on it anyway).
Sorry if I am teaching you to suck eggs I just thought I would add a little background as we go . I had hoped to be doing a revue of some Warlord Game Miniatures but apparently I am in a picking queue and if its anything like my local chippy on a Friday night I could be waiting a while .
 If you still have the will to live after reading the above then keep an eye on the blog for more updates   .
Stay safe and enjoy your painting.
Regards Furphy.
A brave site thundering across the kitchen work top.
No matter how you space them out they don't look any more (a bit like extras from Sharp !)
I opened the ranks up to show off the miniatures better
Most will know but i should have said at the start of the blog just click on the photo to enlarge it.

No comments:

Post a Comment